Bestway Intl / Hellmann Worldwide Logistics COVID-19 update
March 18, 2020
Dear valued clients and partners,
We are sure that you are following the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic as closely as we are. The current events are very concerning, and so we continue to make every effort to protect the health of our employees, our customers, and our partners.
We have imposed additional measures intended to ensure the safety of our colleagues on the one hand and the maintenance of our operations on the other. These include the following actions:
• Implementation of strict hygiene regulations for all sites and employees
• Extended access restriction to our locations and rules of conduct for interaction
• All international travel was banned two weeks ago, and we have now prohibited national travel with immediate effect and until further notice (exceptions require special approval)
• We have asked people to work from home when possible, and we are currently working to create the IT tools to enable this to be extended to as many people as possible.
• For all employees in our operations or commercial departments who do not currently have the technical means to work from their home office, alternative deployment concepts (e.g., shift operation) are available
These measures take account of the seriousness of the situation, but at the same time maintain our operations as far as possible. Also, there are further local site plans to safeguard our operations, depending on our respective service portfolio.
It is too early to assess the full impact of the pandemic on our industry and global supply chains. Cargo is moving as normal in most situations and some lanes are quite heavy. Still, we are working hard to ensure freight keeps moving, and that you receive the best possible service in this tense situation. In close cooperation with our carriers, we are currently working on solutions, such as alternative routes, to enable air freight shipments to North America and other restricted countries. In this context, short-term charter solutions, where available, are also being discussed.
However, due to the fluid nature of the situation, we cannot make blanket commitments on delivery times, price trends, and capacity across all modes of transport; the global situation is too complicated. We, therefore, advise you to contact us to work out personalized solutions for your shipments. We will, of course, keep you informed about further developments in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic. Bestway International will continue to serve and support you, our clients and partners, to the best of our abilities as we have since 1988.
Thank you for your understanding.
With kind regards,
Bestway International, Inc.
Bestway Freight Solutions
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics – Kansas City